True wisdom consists of two things: knowledge of God and knowledge of self."

True wisdom consists of two things: knowledge of God and knowledge of self."

- John Calvin

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Georgia Blizzard



I realize for most of you this title is an oxymoron.  Until last week I would have agreed...but that was before we got 13 inches of snow in one night.  I wouldn't have called it a blizzard, because I've been in them before and they are not pleasant.  I would say it was more of an overnight dumping.  But getting that much snow in Georgia is different than, let's say any state North of Texas from either coast, because they would actually know how to take care of it!  Without any equipment and even less knowhow the result for us on the mountain was a week of cancelled school.  I'm sure the kids were thrilled but as one of the few authority figures left with 1000 energized college kids I was basically reduced to a lion tamer.  Still, it was a good week and a lot of uplifting things happened so I am thankful.  More than that though I am thankful school has started once again and there is structure, schedules and routine.  Here is a photo outside of Andreas of some of the awesome Andreas guys making a "slide" (aka Tower of Babel), my car, and kid from Founders enjoying newfound weaponry on campus.

1 comment:

  1. If I know you, it was a great time and probably the kids that actually had to keep you calmed down. I figured I would see a slide off the top of a building or something. Peace out buddy.

    ReplyDelete